ABOUT US - OUR SCHOOL HISTORY

A Brief History of Carramore N.S.

The original school at Carramore was built in 1853, and was located in Casey’s land.

This school was replaced in 1913 by the present building, St. John’s. The site was provided by the Doyle family of Carramore.

 

In 1923 the classroom at the front was erected. A portion of land was also provided as a site for a teacher’s residence, though this residence was never erected.

A major extension to the school was built in 2007, which also included the development of an astro turf pitch, a basketball court and a sports hall.

In 2013 the school celebrated its 100th anniversary.

Further developments in 2016 included the building of a new Junior classroom and the extension of a second classroom ( the original classroom from the 1923 building).

 

There are 76 children attending the school in 2017

Teachers:  Marie Fallon (Principal), Fiona Murtagh, Anne Sharkey, Mairéad Kelly, Louise Moore .

SNAs: Annette Monaghan, Josephine Hall and Jacqui Coleman

2002- School building and prefab in the distance
2007- School extended (twice) and hall now evident behind school. 
Development 2015 - From Last Day in Gutted School to Demolition!
School Gutted
School Gutted

Pupils inside the gutted school before demolition began.

press to zoom
From the outside
From the outside

press to zoom
Demolition finished
Demolition finished

press to zoom
School Gutted
School Gutted

Pupils inside the gutted school before demolition began.

press to zoom
1/8